Husband made a comment last night about how he is craving lasagna! I told him I’d make it for dinner tonight! He had the audacity 😉 to say yeah I’m talking about homemade not that frozen stuff! So of course to show him and keep with my New Year’s Resolutions, I HAD to make Lasagna for dinner!! After a long day of work and then having a little running around I was dreadingggg having to make a HOMEMADE Lasagna!! UNTIL I found a way to make it with JUST 5 Ingredients in only 45 minutes!! You know I’m all about those easy Family Dinners!!!
Ingredients: This would feed about 4-6 people with side dishes!!
1lb Ground Turkey
24oz Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
6oz Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- You need a 9×13 oven casserole dish!
- You will brown and cook the meat, drain it and then add the Spaghetti Sauce! If you’d like you can add mushrooms or extra seasonings! Anything your family likes!! I’m just keeping this simple tonight!!
- Now for Layering!
- Lay a single layer of noodles (no need to cook oven ready noodles before!)
- Spread half of the meat and sauce mixture over noodles
- Spread half of the Ricotta Cheese and about 3/4 cup of Shredded Cheese over Meat
- Repeat: Noodles, Meat, Cheeses! Only 2 layers of everything needed!! Leave a little bit of the shredded cheese for the end!
- Bake for 45 minutes!
- Top with Cheese and let it sit for about 10 minutes and then you can serve it!!
We served ours with Texas Toast (YUM) && a Salad!!
Husband had nooo idea I didn’t get all fancy! Penelope ate a whole piece herself! Starting the new year off delicious and full of carbs! 😉 This was fun and I am so excited to start getting back in the kitchen more!! If you have a favorite meal but want a quick easy way to make it, let me know and I’ll do some research!! If you have a favorite recipe and would love to feature it here on Mama’s Cold Coffee Blog, please reach out to me!!!
Hope you and the family enjoy!!!