Cheesecake is one of my FAVORITE desserts!! I’ll admit I always thought it was too hard to make so I just bought premade cheesecakes!! That was UNTIL my SIL showed me how to make one myself!! Today we are sharing how to make a Homemade Cheesecake in 10 Steps!!! Thanks to @the_bake_smith!! The fall makes me want to bake 24/7!! While you read this, I’m going to go cut a slice and pour a hot cup of coffee!!!
The Ingredients You’ll Need:
Spring Form Pan
2 8oz. Packages Cream Cheese
7 Tablespoons of Stick Butter
2 Packages of Graham Crackers
1 Cup Sour Cream
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Flavor
Non Stick Spray
Now let’s get started!!! Here are the directions:
1. Spray Spring Form Pan with Non Stick Spray and Pre Heat the oven to 325°.
2. Crumble/Smash the Graham Crackers with Food Processor or your hands! If using hands, you can beat the Crackers in the Package with a Rolling Pin to help break them up first.
3. Mix 5 Tablespoons of melted butter, 1/4 Cup of Sugar and crumbled graham Crackers together and pour into pan. Press down to create the crust! You can use a cup with Rounded Edges to help press the Graham Cracker Mixture tightly together to create the Crust. Have the Crust come up the side a little if you’d like or it can be flat.
4. Put the crust in the Freezer while making the filling. This helps the crust form and you have a less chance of it crumbling.
5. Melt 2 Tablespoons of Butter. Beat both packages of Cream Cheese, 1/2 Cup of Sugar, and 1 Cup of Sour Cream until creamy, just incorporated. Add zest from the lemon skin to your liking. She just did a little bit (see photo below) Add both eggs, only 1 at a time though. You want to make sure each egg is incorporated into the mixture before adding the next. Then add 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla and the melted butter. Have the mixture running on low while adding everything. Mix until there are no lumps. Keep at a low speed. Stop once or twice to push everything down from the edges to make sure it’s evenly mixed.
6. Tap the mixing bowl on the counter so all of the air bubbles come to the top and pop. This helps the cheesecake from cracking.
7. Pour the filling into the pan on top of the crust.
8. Put in the oven for 45 Minutes on the middle shelf with a pie pan of water on the shelf directly below it. It helps steam and keeps the cheesecake moist and from cracking.
9. Take the cheesecake out and place it on top of the oven and lightly cover it with foil so the heat doesn’t release too quickly! You want to bring the temperature down slowly to help from cracking too!
10. Once it is cooled to room temperature, chill it for AT LEAST 2 hours in the refrigerator but the best amount of time is 4 hours! Carefully and Slowly take the Spring Form Pan off. Slice and pour your favorite topping on it &&& ENJOY!!
Or are you a plain cheesecake fan??
We hope you absolutely enjoyed this!!! Follow The Bake Smith on Instagram for more of Jennifer’s Baking Adventures and to see her Incredibly Creative Royal Icing Cookies!!!
Until next time,