It’s Friday the 13th!!! OooOOOooooOOO!! Are you superstitious?! Do you love finding a reason to celebrate everything!? Are you kids into Friday the 13th?! Let’s have some fun with this! Here is everything you need and need to know to make this BAD day amazing!!
History behind Friday the 13th:
According to Snopes.com, “The reasons why Friday came to be regarded as a day of bad luck have been obscured by the mists of time — some of the more common theories link it to a significant event in Christian tradition said to have taken place on Friday, such as the Crucifixion, Eve’s offering the apple to Adam in the Garden of Eden, the beginning of the Great Flood, or the confusion at the Tower of Babel. Chaucer alluded to Friday as a day on which bad things seemed to happen in the Canterbury Tales as far back as the late 14th century (“And on a Friday fell all this mischance”), but references to Friday as a day connected with ill luck generally start to show up in Western literature around the mid-17th century.” If you are really curious about the history, I highly recommend reading the full article! There are SO many examples of where this all started!!!!
Now let’s get to the fun stuff!!!
Spooky Foods to Eat:
(Click the photos to be taken to the original poster’s recipe!!)
Eat this for good luck today!
If you love to bake, here are some cute cookie ideas!!
- Knock on wood after a positive statement to avoid “tempting the fates” to do bad.
- You’re doomed to bad luck if a black cat crosses your path.
- If you break a mirror, kiss 7 years of luck goodbye.
- They say walking under a ladder is bad luck.
- If you spill salt, you’re suppose to throw it over your shoulder to avoid getting bad luck.
- If you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, legend says someone in your family will die.
- To avoid bad luck when passing a cemetery, you’re suppose to hold your breath.
- If the flame of a candle flickers and then turns blue, there’s a spirit in the room.
- If your palm itches, you will soon receive money. If you itch it, your money will never come.
- You should get out on the same side you got in or it’ll be a bad day.
Two people are to pull apart a dried breastbone of a turkey or chicken and the one who is left with the longer end will have their wish come true.
But don’t worry, you can always spin around 7 times to break any bad luck!!!
Do you believe in any superstitions?!
“Spooky” Kids Movies:
We are watching scary movies tonight in honor of this bad luck, superstitious day!! Here are some KID FRIENDLY “Spooky” Movie Ideas if your littles want to get in the spirit too!!
Create some of your own “bad luck”:
NO JUDGEMENT ZONE!! If you want to be THAT parent, lol, and create some fun pranks for your Friday the 13th Night! Try these VERY harmless tricks:
I’m just putting this out there…PLEASE don’t actually put a toenail in the cake!! lol For everyone’s sake!!!
Did you know that triskaidekaphobia is the psychological term for the Fear of the Number 13!? Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the term for the Fear of Friday the 13th!
Good Luck today!!!!
Until next time,